Accommodation close to Kjerag
Sirdal Hostel is one of few serviced accommodations near Kjerag
- It is located close to Lysevegen / Suleskardveien which is the road that leads to Kjerag. From the hostel, it is approximately a 40-minute drive to the parking lot where the Kjerag hike starts.
We have two separate cabins. One cabin has both private rooms w/ bathroom and dorms w/bathroom and holds a hotel standard, this is where all meals are served. In the other cabin, there are dorms and private rooms with shared bathrooms and a more basic standard.
Sirdal Hostel is a great starting location for several hikes to other DNT cabins. See www.ut.no for more information or ask the staff.
Breakfast is included for guests, and there is food serving at the cabin at reasonable prices.
Open from Sunday 24. June to Friday 24. August 2018.
Our café is located in the main building where breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served. There is also a lounge area with sofas and a fireplace where you can play board games, read a book, and relax.
Breakfast from 07.30 to 10.00
Dinner from 18.00 to 20.00
Outside opening hours, ask the staff.
Hikes and activities
With the cabin as a starting location, there are several hiking opportunities. They range from kid-friendly hikes to demanding full day hikes. Frikvarteret is also an ideal starting location for the “cabin-to-cabin” routes. The “cabin-to-cabin” hikes are a great way to see the Norwegian nature and vary in length from just a couple of hours to several day round trip. All cabins are provided by the Norwegian Trekking Association (DNT).
For more information see www.ut.no or ask the staff for suggestions.
It is also possible to rent canoes, bikes and fishing equipment.
Trip to lysebotn
How to get there
By car, it is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive from Stavanger / Sandnes / Flekkefjord to Sirdal Hostel.
We have charging station for electric cars
For hygienic reasons, sleeping bags are not allowed at Sirdal Hostel.
Bed at dormitory with bathroom NOK 350,-
Private room with bathroom NOK 850,-
2 Person private room with bathroom NOK 1.000,-
Family room (2 adults and 2 children) with bathroom NOK 1300,-
4 Person private room, bunk beds, with bathroom NOK 1550
Bed at dormitory with shared bathroom. NOK 320
Private room with shared bathroom. NOK.750,-
2 Person private room with shared bathroom. NOK 790
Family room (2 adults, and 2 children) with shared bathroom. NOK 1150,-
4 Person private room with bathroom NOK 1350,-
Towels rent NOK 25,-
Bed sheets rent NOK 75,-
Discounts: Members of DNT, The Norwegian Trekking Association, get 15 % discount on overnight stays
- Check-in is possible between 15:00 and 22:00
- Let us know if you will arrive later then 19:00
- ID-card must be shown at check-in
- Children under 16 years must be together with an adult
- Children under 16 years cannot live in the dormitory
- Pets are not allowed inside
- Additional fees are paid at check-in
- We have charging station for electric car
- Rates and availability are subject to change24/7 check-in not available
- 24/7 check-in not available